Monday, November 15, 2010

How important is my dad?

Two days have past since dad and I talked. Another misunderstanding on both sides. As usual we argued again about many things. But I know that he will cool down after three days. I shut all means of communication like I turned off my mobile and the wireless land line. I just had to because the frustration is too much. He has this attitude that he can put you down and you will feel that you are nothing without him. He tends to boast on the things he has done for me my whole life. And its annoying me because I am not a kid anymore.

As I was in line at the ATM, I was thinking of the things I need to purchase for the shop. As I wait for my turn I drew a list in my head. As I punched in the digits, to withdraw the money, suddenly the machine didn't accept my card. I was stunned. I tried a few times then I went to the cashier to check my balance. The ladies at the cashier assisted me, and to my surprise the device where it shows you the remaining balance reads "DO NOT HONOR." I was in panic mode due to the salary of my employee was there. I started to shake a little and was thinking of how can I withdraw the money if my card was invalid. Then my baby said to check the ATM at a different machine. So I lined up again and while I was waiting in line, I thought to myself what if dad cancelled my atm or decided to hold my account. I was already paranoid. When I got the money, I made a sigh of relief. Then all of a sudden thoughts run through my mind. I thought "what if" I wasn't able to withdraw? God, I wouldn't know what to do!

Then I thought of my dad. He didn't just gave me allowance, it was not just money but I thought of what if dad wasn't there for me anymore. I would be lost. So after I post this I would definitely call him or send a text message to him. And I will let him know how important he is to me. Dad always takes care of me even though we are far apart. He makes sure that I am safe and I am in good health. He religiously checks on me and reminds me of what I did wrong and to learn from it. Dad makes sure that I take good care of myself. And for the past few days I haven't heard from him. And it makes me feel sad. Sad because I let myself be drawn to my emotions instead of understanding, that's what Dad's are for. Since my mom is not that persistent on checking up on me, it was all dad since I was a child. Dad was always there for me. Now that he is getting old now its my turn to take care of him. I call this day REALITY CHECK...

1 comment:

^Dream_Catcher^ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.